Monday, April 2, 2007

The Neverending Story...

That is the best way to describe my continued issues with personal home computing. Spent all day Sunday on the phone with Dell. (Seriously about 3 1/2 hours with one tech alone.) At the end, my current system was rendered completely useless. I take some small comfort in being the guy who comes up with things that no one at Dell Support has seen before. It's fun. So, at the end of the day they agreed to send me yet another new PC. Keep your fingers crossed folks. Who knows. Someday I'll have a computer that works. Someday.

On a lighter note. It's playoff season for my basketball league. Like a true cinderella team my squad came out like bats out of hell and turned in an outstanding all around performance leading to a resounding victory by Team Birch! We move on to the 2nd round, where we have to play the top seeded team in the league.

Finally today. This weekend I went out to Soundbar in Chicago with my boys "Honest Abe" and the Attache. We got the VIP treatment there because the owners want to get in bed with the Attache at the club he is going to be opening soon with his family. While that was cool, and the bar rocked, what truly made the night LEGENDARY was that we played "Have you met Ted?" all night with various ladies at the club, and "Honest Abe" came away with a few phone numbers for the effort. So folks. If you see someone at a bar and you don't know how to talk to them remember this phrase: "Have you met Ted?" It's money. (If you don't know what "Have you met Ted?" is go buy the first season of "How I Met Your Mother" on DVD and get yourself some education.

No comments: