Sunday, June 21, 2009

iPhone 3gs




-- Post From My iPhone

Well as you can see above this post is being written from my new iPhone. Today has been the first full day with my new toy. So far, I must admit that I am taken aback by how much I am enjoying the experience thus far. If I would have a gripe right now it would ne that the battery life is a bit shorter then what I am used to. However, I have been playing alot with my new toy alot. Being my first smart phone experience I have to say that it is everything that I had hoped that it would be. The iPhone 3gs is a pleasure to use. I love the fact that thanks to the Buster app I know that in 6 minutes my bus will be here. If you've ever had to rely on the cta to get around as I do you know what a luxury that is.

One unfortunate side effect that I have noticed is what a powerful drug having the Internet inyour pocket can be. I find that there is a sizeable portion of my social circle that I only interact with because of the Internet. Be it folks on facebook or from the TF2F community. Such a weird feeling. I like knowingnthat I hAve my email in my pocket.

Oh.....one other thing.y Tonight I was forced to uninstall the Shazam app. Shazam is an app that is supposed to be able to identify songs that you play into the mike. I thought that it would be a fun way to compile a play list for my evening out to the bars with my friends. I was very sad to watch this application fail time after time to identify the song playing and I was allways in very close proximity to a speaker or some times even singing the lyrics into the mic. The straw that broke the cammel's back however was it's failure to recognize "just a friend" by The Biz Markie. Any app that doesn't know that tune has no place on my phone.

No comments: