Friday, March 23, 2007

Let's Start a Trend...

Does this annoy anyone else? I take elevators all day long at work. I think it should be a common courtesy that if you are on an elevator, and someone new gets on you should ask that person what floor they are going to and hit that button for them. I believe this for two reasons. First, I think it is just being polite. Secondly, more often then not if you are in the elevator before someone gets on you are more then likely standing near the buttons. If you don't ask that person what floor they want you make them enter your personal space to hit the button they want unnecessarily. It really gets my goat when a person will be in the elevator before me, standing near the buttons and nether asks what floor or moves away from the buttons to allow me to press my floor. Causing me to reach across them to hit the buttons. Let's start a trend. Just ask what floor. It's polite.

No comments: