Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wolverines!!!

So today the Mad_Typist came to me with a request.  She’d been reading this article and wanted to know if Red Dawn was in fact worth seeing.   If you were my age and saw this movie back when it first came out most likely you are screaming “HELL YES!” at this moment.   I tend to share your opinion.   Is the movie “good”?  maybe not.  Does stuff blow up really good?  (Say it with me folks)  HELL YES!

Red Dawn is a very interesting movie.  It is violent and often times frightening.  The movie is worth renting for the opening sequence alone.   The acting, script and dialogue is on par with what you would expect from a 1980’s Patrick Swayze movie.   That being said it is also the ultimate 13 year old boy’s  fantasy.   Taking off into the hills to fight the evil Communists, what 13 year old wouldn’t get off on that?

So yes.  I would recommend this movie to the Mad_Typist.   If you’ve seen Red Dawn before, I would highly recommend giving that article a read.  It is a very interesting commentary on the film.

No comments: