Thursday, September 18, 2008

Burn After Reading

burn-after-reading-pitt

 

Last night Finch and myself had the opportunity to take in the newest picture from the Coen Brothers "Burn After Reading".   I will say that I found this movie to be wonderfully entertaining and absolutely hysterical.   I would highly recommend it.   I won't go into any plot details here, because I'd want you to enjoy it for yourself.   The great thing about this movie, is that it features a cavalcade of stars who are all given a chance to steal scenes.   The humour borders on farce and is well executed by a cast that features George Clooney, Frances McDormand, Brad Pitt, John Malcovich and Tilda Swinton.   However, for me the top marks in the movie have to go to the performances by Brad Pitt and especially J.K. Simmons who shows up late in the film to play a part that really only he could play, and he nails it.  You should check it out.

No comments: