Thursday, March 6, 2008

BufBloPoFo Day 6

BufBloPoFo Topic for Day 6: What kind of stuff (toys, books, TV shows) were you into when you were a kid? Do you think that had an effect on what kind of a person you are today?

Intellivision2

The Mattel Intellivision II  - If the rest of the world really knew how much of my waking and even dreaming life was devoted playing and thinking about video games they would be frightened. The sad thing is (as anyone who's played me in Golden Eye can attest) that I'm not even that good at video games.  I just love to play them and have always been fascinated by them.  Well folks, one Christmas morning this was where it all started.  I actually struggle to think of an item I've owned that has influenced my life more then the good old Intellivison II.   It was my first video game console and seriously I have never looked back.   Who would have thought that my obsession with games like "Shark Shark!" and "Atlantis" would lead me to where I am today.  I make my living fixing computers pretty much because you can play games on them.   My iPod spends more time playing gaming related podcasts then music.  I owe it all to you Intellivision II.

No comments: