Saturday, March 8, 2008

BufBloPoFo Day 8

BufBloPoFo Topic for Day 8: What are you listening to these days? New stuff? Old stuff? This isn’t a hipster competition; I just want to know what’s in everyone’s ears out there. Playlist me. Or, if you don’t feel like making suggestions, open up your ipod on shuffle and just jot down the first ten songs that pop out.

So what have I been listening to? Always a fun question to answer. However, if I want to be perfectly honest, most of my listening time recently has been devoted to the consuming of my weekly podcast schedule. (Often a difficult task.) I've always been a fan of talk radio and now podcasting allows me to bring my talk radio obsession to my daily commute through my ipod. I would highly reccommend any of these podcasts to anyone.

1) The Tony Kornheiser Show - Tony Kornheiser best known for his ESPN show P.T.I. brings his rather cynical point of view to current news topics. American Idol is discussed and analyzed as if it was The Superbowl daily.

2) Wait Wait Don't Tell Me - An NPR radio game show where listeners can compete to win Carl's voice on their home answering machine.

3) This Week in Tech - Leo Laporte formerly of Tech TV's "The Screen Savers" discusses the big topics in tech with a rotating pannel of guests including the super grumpy but REALLY funny John C. Dvorak.

4) The PC Gamer Pod Cast - Features the editors of PC Gamer. Squirels are frequent topics of conversation.

5) Game Theory Podcast

6) EGM Live - Got to keep tabs on what is going on in the world of console gaming some how.

7) The Control-Point - A Team Fortress 2 podcast, that is actually really funny.



No comments: