Wednesday, March 5, 2008

BufBloPoFo Day 5

BufBloPoFo Topic for Day 5: Patty recently instructed on Starbucks etiquette. Beers and I occasionally talked about the proper way to ride the el in Chicago. Everyone has an opinion on the correct way to hang toilet paper. What do you think too many people do wrong? Well, here’s your soapbox, participants. Take a stand and teach society something.

So The Royal Toybox has given us a very interesting topic today.  As Mr. Garvey pointed out we used to spend a great deal of time debating what we termed "El-iquite" while we were living in Chicago together.  I think, when the general subject of etiquite comes up there is pretty much one rule that all people should subscribe to.  That rule is:  "Don't be a dick!"  Seriously, how much nicer would everyone's day be if folks in general walked around thinking "If I did that, I would be acting like a real dick."   I think in general there is a basic lack of respect out there for people other then themselves.  I am guilty of this on occasion as well.  If people in general would just be most conscious of how their actions can influence other people then perhaps I would have a case of Loganberry in my fridge right now.

No comments: