Thursday, March 20, 2008

Anyone can?

So I'll say it.  I am a Radiohead fan.   Now this may not be a shocking confession.  Lots of people are.  Finch is a huge Radiohead fan.   However, the extent of my Radiohead fandom extends to one album, and one album alone.   I like Pablo Honey.  In fact, I LOVE Pablo Honey!   In my opinion it belongs in discussions of the greatest alternative rock albums of the 1990's along with Nirvana's "Nevermind", "Siamese Dream" by the Smashing Pumpkins and The Goo Goo Dolls' "Superstar Carwash".     It makes me sad that no one talks about this album, and that the songs are very rarely performed by the band live.   Now, I know that they have all sorts of other albums that are all considered to be wonderful works of art.  I know, I have them all on my iPod.  Have I ever listened to them?  Not really.   I'm sorry to say it, but I just don't find it all that interesting.  When I hear songs from the later albums I like them.   It's just when it comes down it it, if I am going to put on a Radiohead album it's going to be Pablo Honey.   Here is a little video for you.  Finch showed me this.  It's pretty painful, but fun.  Certainly not your kid's Radiohead.

No comments: